We are pleased to invite you, your juniors and parents, to our inaugural Puerto Rico Case Studies program which will be held on Thursday, April 5, 2018 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Baldwin School. It is designed to help juniors and their parents learn more about the college admissions process through studying simulated students’ application cases and then making admissions decisions for a fictitious college.
If juniors are interested in taking part in this program, please register through the online registration link, before the date of the program.
Use this link: https://connect.nyu.edu/register/PRCaseStudies.
Agenda for the evening:
- Welcome, Case Studies Introduction & Instructions 7:00 – 7:15pm
- RBU Profile & Evaluation tool 7:15 – 7:25pm
- File Review in small committees 7:30 – 8:15pm
- Findings & Thoughts in larger group 8:20 – 8:40pm
- Financial Aid Basics 8:45 – 9:00pm
- Informal Conversations with Admission Representatives (optional) 9:00pm
We believe this exercise will be extremely valuable in helping both parents and students better understand the complexity of college admissions decisions. The focus of this program is primarily on private college admission process, but we will be covering the common information submitted to most institutions.
Light hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be available. Please, register soon and we look forward to seeing you there!
Director of Undergraduate Admission
Assistant Dean and Director of Evaluation & Strategy
New York University